Walking into a new and brighter life.

Walking into a new and brighter life.

The healthy me

The healthy me

Finding your way around

~*~ You can look on the right hand side of this page and see what the catagories are, or you can just scroll down until you find what you're looking for ~*~ To leave a comment you need to sign up for a google account. It's quick and easy and they expect nothing else from you. LoL

This I know.................

This I know.................

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

I can see my toes again!!

Almost a year ago on January 5th, 2012 I decided to be honest with everyone about my weight.  I actually got the nerve up to take photo's in my underwear and bra.  You have no idea how difficult it was just for me to see that, let alone share it with the world.

Today almost a year later I took a new picture.  Here is then and now.




I still have a ways to go.  I have went from a size 3x to a size 12 almost to a 10 now.  

God has been so good to me.  Since my lung surgery I have healed so quickly, and had no issues with  limitations.  I breezed through physical therapy and tomorrow I am joining a gym.  

The irony does not escape me that I was 47 and 100+ pounds overweight, told that I may only have 5 years to live without major surgery, and only IF I qualified for the surgery.  First I would have to lose at least 70 pounds.  At that time I thought that was impossible.  
Now I am 50 and feeling healthier and stronger than I have since my 20's.  

I am looking forward to beginning the gym and to continue to get stronger and stronger.  

I have not forgotten that Emphysema is progressive, but I can slow down the continued progression if I can keep a strong body.  I have not forgot and I realize that even with good health and exercise I still will one day be looking for a transplant hospital.  But now I am convinced it is YEARS ahead of me.


3 comments:

Bonnie said...

I remember this before picture a year ago. I remember commenting I looked forward to seeing the new you! And here you are! It's lovely to see an answered prayer! I hope you continue to do so amazingly well and enjoy every wonderful minute. You sure deserve it!

chancuff said...

You look maaarvelous.

Nice work!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you look great! Savannah