Walking into a new and brighter life.

Walking into a new and brighter life.

The healthy me

The healthy me

Finding your way around

~*~ You can look on the right hand side of this page and see what the catagories are, or you can just scroll down until you find what you're looking for ~*~ To leave a comment you need to sign up for a google account. It's quick and easy and they expect nothing else from you. LoL

This I know.................

This I know.................

Friday, June 18, 2010

Aunt Lora's Hobo Bread




Mom used to make this every fall, for as long as I can remember. It makes a great gift wrapped in foil with ribbon around it. I would make this and give it out to my friends with cookies every year.


Put 2 cups of raisins into 2 cups boiling water with 4 teaspoons of baking soda. Cover and let sit overnight, or at least 4 hours.

Add....
2 cups sugar
2 eggs well beaten
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup oil

mix well .... then add
4 cups flour and stir well.

Pour into greased and floured 1 pound coffee cans (or any similar 1 pound can)
Bake for 1 1/2 hours at 350

I had to adjust the baking time... I shortened it by about 10 minutes. I am not sure if it's my altitude or oven. I also covered the tops loosely near the end with foil so they wouldn't brown any further.
Remove from oven and allow to cool on wire racks then remove from pans and wrap in foil.

No comments: